Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Carol Thunks

Movie: A Muppet Christmas Carol
Release Date:  1992
Favorite Line:  Scrooge: "Maybe the accountants should celebrate Christmas on the UNEMPLOYMENT LINE!" Accountants: "HEAT WAVE! Ay! Ay! This is my island in de sun!"

Of all the thousands of versions of Dickens' classic story, this has to be my favorite.  Yes, I know it is almost sacrilege to say this but it's true.  It is certainly not very true to the book but who can resist Micheal Cane as Scrooge and Kermit the Frog as Bob Crachit?  Not me, in the very least.

We've had this video (yes, it's still on tape) as long as I can remember.  It says Christmas to me like few things can.  I think I should make a list of all the things that say Christmas to me.

Things that say Christmas to Kate
1. The smell of our boxes of Christmas decorations
2. The first few notes of O Tanenbaum from A Charlie Brown Christmas
3. A Muppet Christmas Carol
4. Cold weather
5. Cookies...everywhere you go.

Yup, that's the list.  It's very Christmasy where I'm sitting right now.  I can see our tree with twinkle color lights and Hallmark ornaments all over it.  Our tree is beautiful even with an Esmerelda and Stormtrooper ornaments.  Perhaps that's what makes it so pretty.  I have yet to see another tree like ours.  I hope that when I have my own place, my tree looks as pretty.

I guess this is it for today.  I'm feeling kind of blogged out.  I'll post tomorrow so you can "Come in and know me better, man". ;)  Until then, stay awesome!

~Kate

P.S. "It's in the singing corner choir that's going home and getting warmed by the fire.  It's true wherever you find love, it feels like Christmas."

No comments:

Post a Comment