Sunday, February 6, 2011

Take the Lead Thunks

Movie: Take the Lead
Release Date: 2006
Favorite Line: Do you love to dance? [Yeah.] Then you were meant to dance.

Take the Lead falls into the inspirational category movies, along side Freedom Writers and Pay It Forward (at least until the end, I mean what's up with that???).  Basically the teacher inspires his inner city students to think more of themselves and together they achieve new heights and everyone is happy in the end. Ya ya ya!  But this movie stands out from the other because it includes *snaps fingers* ballroom dancing!

Yes, I have watched this movie where I skipped every scene that didn't include dancing of some sort and I was still perfectly happy with it.  Antonio Banderas is wonderful, of course (the dude was Zorro, it's hard to get more awesome than that).  It was due to this movie that I (sorta) know how to waltz.  I have yet to be able to try out my skills with someone who is not my mother, but I'm hoping. :P

So anyway, I picked this movie for today's post because of the dancing element.  (Surprisingly enough, I am not an inner city teacher who is bound and determined to inspire them to new heights.)  Dancing has recently become pretty much a part of my daily routine.  There is one main reason for this new development: Prom.

Ah, yes.  Senior prom.  The night to end all nights...or so they say.  How can one night cost so much money?  I've already got my dress (thanks Grandma!).  It's so cute! (link: http://www.sydneyscloset.com/asp/product.asp?categoryid=110&catalogid=2533 the black version.)  But anyway, back to what I was saying.  I'm dancing everyday because of prom.  I have two sub-points under this:
a. I am (one of the) dj(s) for our prom.  How did I get such an honor?  Homeschooling has it's perks. ^.^  But basically, one of my best friends and I decided that we are going to ditch the actual senior prom for homeschoolers in our area and call a dance party (that's happening the same weekend) at one of our tournaments our prom.  Shocking, I know.  But prom is when you get dressed up and celebrate with your friends your success in high school and this party will be more prom-like than Prom.  So I'm dancing every day so that I make sure our playlist will work well (and so I have awesome moves. :P)
b. I am dancing everyday because I don't want to look like an overstuffed sofa in my dress.  While I am planning to have my dress tailored, I still want to look good in it.  So it has become my solemn goal to lose about 25 pounds before Prom.  I am making progress.  The other day I got on the Wii Fit and it has a chart that shows your weight over a year's time.  Since August, I have lost about 20 pounds so I'm getting there...but there's still a long way to go.

So I dance all the time now.  It's one of the few things that I really like to do that is also healthy! :D I'll talk to you later, reader.  I'm going to put in my headphones and rock out for a while.

Stay awesome!
~Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment