Friday, February 4, 2011

Tangled Thunks

Hello All!  I'm back...for now anyway.  But since people actually voted in my most recent poll, I shall appease them.  So here are my thunks about Tangled!

Movie: Tangled
Release Date: 2010
Favorite Line: "And at last I see the light and it's like the fog has lifted.  And at last I see the light and it's like the sky is new.  And it's warm and real and bright and the world has somehow shifted.  All at once, everything looks different, now that I see you."

So I actually haven't seen Tangled since Christmas time (can you believe that it was over a month ago? Ah! Where does the time go?) but it's a fairly straight forward Disney princess movie.

Reasons Why I Liked Tangled
1.  I'm a silly romantic teenage girl
2.  Rapunzel has blonde hair and green eyes...like ME! :)
3.  I have a soft spot for Disney movies...of any kind, really. (Yes, the filmmaker inside me cringes but...but...it's Disney!)
4.  John Lasseter produced it (the man is the new Walt Disney, I swear)
5.  It was actually a good movie.
6.  Flynn Rider is kinda awesome...along with Pascal...and the horse.
7.  I'm a silly romantic teenage girl

For you obsessive compulsive readers out there, yes, I listed the same reason twice.  Why, you ask?  Well, because it's the main reason why I liked the movie.  And honestly, this should not be news to you, if you have read any of my other posts.  All you have to do is look at the title of my blog and know that what you're going to find here will not be deep thoughts.  :)

But anyway, back to Tangled.  So if I'm to follow the procedure I set up in an earlier post, I introduce the movie to you and then tell you how it relates to what's happening in my life at the moment.  Well...like all Disney Princess movies, Tangled is obviously a romance.  And I hate to burst your bubble, my lovely reader, but there isn't a romance happening in my life right now.

Let me re-phrase that.  There have been some...interesting developments in the romantic pool of my life.  BUT they have all been on my side of the shore, so calm down everyone (all...two of you.)  And no, I will not be divulging any details here.

But I will say this.  I almost find it...bittersweet to watch movies like Tangled, or any romantic story really.  Because I've never experienced that before and I want to.  You know, I've never dated anyone or even been kissed (and at my age, that makes me feel like some sort of extinct species).  While I'm waiting for God to bring the right man into my life, it's hard waiting.  But I know that the man I wait for will be well worth the wait.  He'll be much better than any Prince Charming.  He'll be mine. :)

Until later, stay awesome!
~Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment