Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First Thunks

So I've never been all that great at keeping a blog...or a journal/diary thing.  Isn't that what most blogs are anyway?  They're diaries that you write but other people are supposed to read them.  And unless you're super careful about keeping your identity hidden, people are going to know exactly what you're talking about.  Because what fun is it to read the blog of someone you don't even remotely know?

Anyway, what was I talking about? Right! Keeping a blog.  I've always found that I post one day, maybe again the next day.  I promise myself that this time will be different!! But it almost never is.  About a month later, I log on and delete everything I posted.  So what's the point? Really.

Perhaps keeping the purpose of said blog more broad than previous attempts will make this venture more successful.  Who knows?

Anyway, so with those first thoughts out of the way, I suppose I should give myself an introduction.  My name is Kaitlyn (though I will probably sign this as Kate (it's my alter-ego.  She's much cooler than I am.)).  I am going to be a senior in high school this coming school year (a thought that scares me more than my mother realizes).  When I graduate, I'm kinda sure where I want to go to college...the question is of how we are going to pay for it. Eek!  And I'm also kind of sure what I want to do after college, work in the film industry.

Yes, I want to work in Hollywood.  I know many will probably consider this a bit of a pipe dream but I really want to do it.  I can't think of anything else that I would rather do with my life than work in the movies.  Well, that's not entirely true, there is something else but I won't tell you that just yet.  Have to save something for later posts when (not if!) they come.

So the way I am filling my summer days is looking for a job.  I don't live in a huge metropolitan area but it's a decent sized city.  One would think that at least one business in the area would be looking for part-time workers! Sheesh! Perhaps I just have to bide my time and wait for the public schoolers go back to school and then I can pounce and take their minimum-wage, day jobs!! Mwahahahaha!

*cough* Sorry about that.

I think that's it for tonight.  I promise, scout's honor (okay, I was never a scout but my brother is so it must count for something), that I will post tomorrow.  I'll tell you all about my ever so exciting day of job hunting.  A tout a l'heure!

~ Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment