Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Today's Thunks

So all today as I was driving around 'pounding the pavement' (ie job hunting), I was thinking about what I was going to write for my post.  I was hoping that something funny would come to me, or that something awesome would happen, like randomly meeting J.K. Rowling.  But no such luck, she appears to still be in England.  Isn't that the way things always happen?  When we want them most to happen, they never do.

But I guess today wasn't a total bust.  I did get invited to go to a local waterpark tomorrow (let's cross our fingers and hope I can go!).  It's a nice waterpark complete with a wave pool, several slides and over priced calorie filled food.  The only complaint I have is that the water is warm.  It's weird how warm it is.  This being my first summer in the South, I never knew that such a thing could happen.  Up North, most of the time you can't go swimming because it's too dang cold!  Now we can go swimming any day but it's just not very refreshing.  There has to be a happy medium somewhere, perhaps Tennessee.

I suppose I never told you that I have recently moved.  Yup, I moved south of the Mason-Dixon line.  People ask me what I think about our new place and all I can (diplomatically) say is that it's very different from where I was from.  They aren't kidding when they say things move slower in the south.  On-time has gone from five minutes early to around 10 minutes later.  I guess because in the heat and humidity you don't want to move so fast but in the freezing cold you need to speed up to keep warm?  I don't know.  I think it's just an excuse for tardiness.  Wonder if it would hold up in a school situation.  "Sorry, teacher, that I'm late.  Things do move slower in the South..." ...Doubt it.

Well, that's all I've got for now.  I'll probably be back later this evening to write some more when my midnight muses hit. :)  Until then, stay awesome.

~ Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment