Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy Thunks

(Unfortunately, I'm fresh out of pixie dust so these happy thunks won't make me fly. :P )

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing super spectacular happens but it's just a really good day?  I hope you can have one soon.  I had one of those days today and it was awesome!  You've probably already seen my afore mentioned job interview post and that's one of the reasons why today was such a good day.

Reasons why today was such a good day!
1. I got to sleep in for the first time in quite a while (with the whole job hunting thing).
2. The night before, I went to sleep before midnight so got more than like 7 hours of sleep.
3. The scheduled job interview.
4. It was Saturday but there were no chores!
5. I went to the library today and was able to find the last three books in a favorite series of mine by Meg Cabot.

Okay, so the series is the Princess Diaries series (the books make the movies look like milk-toast!).  And because of the no chores I was able to finish two books and start on a third.  I have the uncanny ability to devour books when I want to.  But I think it's also the author, Meg is hilarious.  Her books are always funny and interesting and believable.  Even if the circumstances don't seem to be believable, she writes them so that you can believe that a girl can save the president's life or become Princess of a small European nation.  I don't know how she does it but she makes us believe right along with the characters.

The only bad side about today is that now I have a headache.  So my quest is to find some painkillers and then go to bed so that I'm not yawning through church tomorrow.  Stay awesome!

~ Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment