Saturday, July 10, 2010

Silly Thunks

Yes, I'm back after I said that I was getting off.  But after I finished posting it, I realized that I wasn't feeling very tired.  And my headache had lessened a bit (I don't really like using painkillers unless it's a really bad headache.  I don't really know why, I just do.) Anyway, so I went downstairs to get some Nilla Wafers (there's just something so good about those cookies) and see what my parents were doing (got to keep an eye on those two. :D).  And they were watching some extreme engineering thing and my mom looked like she didn't really want to be there.

It made me wonder if my future husband will have a thing that he really likes but I just deal with because I love him.  Then that made me wonder what my future husband is like at all.  Or if I even have one, which I know many girls find the thought of being single their whole lives to be appalling but I think it's appealing in many aspects, just like marriage.  I digress, this made me wonder if my future hubbie is out there thinking about his future wife (ie me) and if we already knew each other (GASP!)**.

Then this made me wonder about whether other people think about their future mates, or if I'm more weird than I realized.  Do people wonder if their future husband will like science fiction as much as they do?  Do people wonder if their future husband will have weird sleeping habits, like the need to always have a fan running or a light on? (I'm not sure how I'd deal with the latter considering my room is completely dark when I sleep.)  Or do other people just let love and marriage happen and not pre-plan their wedding down to the flowers in the center-pieces?  Not that I've done that...much.  (Just the dress!  You can only watch so much Say Yes to the Dress before you start wondering how you'd look in that A-line ball gown with the sweet heart neckline and the beading/lace on the back...*happy sigh*)

So anyway, perhaps I'm totally odd in thinking about him as much as I do.  But I'd like to say just one thing.  If, by some miracle, this blog survives till I get married and I remember to show it to my husband.  I'd just like you, hubbie-dear, to know that on July 10th, 2010, I thought of you.  I wondered whether we would be able to eat Nilla Wafers together and agree that there is something just so good about those cookies.  I certainly hope we will.

So I think I'm finally done now.  I'll relieve everyone of my silly romantic thoughts and go to bed now.  Stay awesome!

~ Kate

** Let me explain that gasp in case, by another miracle, any guy that I currently know reads that and gets all offended.  It's not the fact that I don't know some guys who would make wonderful husbands, it's more the fact that I do...if that makes any sense.  The thought of already knowing my husband (without knowing that he will be my husband) makes me all giggly in a way that only a teenage girl can be about such things.  I'm giggling right now writing this, which makes me blush and giggle some more.  Especially considering some late-night sleep-over conversations I've had with some girl friends.  You do not know the meaning of giggly, silly girls until you hear us at 3 AM.  You know who you are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment